Of all of the methods to get extra visitors to your web site, one methodology particularly that I experimented with in 2017 was web site push notifications.
Just like the notifications you get in your cellphone, browser push notifications allow you to ship messages to your web site’s guests even after they’re not in your web site.
It’s a technique that I’ve positively seen success with and I encourage you to attempt it by yourself web site:
I’ve written extra about the advantages of push notifications previously. So fairly than focussing on the speculation on this publish, I’m going to leap to the 5 of the perfect WordPress push notification plugins to make it simpler so that you can add push notifications to your weblog or your web site.
What To Look For In A Push Notification Plugin
As you undergo this checklist, there are some things that you must take note of:
- What gadgets does the service assist? Most companies assist Chrome and Firefox, however it’s uncommon to discover a service that helps Safari, which can be an issue if in case you have lots of guests utilizing Safari.
- What number of subscribers will you could have? Relying on what number of subscribers you suppose you’ll have, some companies could also be cheaper than others.
- What further options does the service supply? Consider whether or not you want options like segmentation, scheduling, A/B testing and extra.
Finest WordPress Push Notification Plugins For 2018
PushEngage is technically a standalone service for cell and net push notifications. Nevertheless, it additionally presents a devoted WordPress plugin that makes including push notification performance to WordPress simple.
In the event you’re accustomed to ShoutMeLoud, PushEngage is definitely what we use right here on the web site. We’re even listed on the PushEngage touchdown web page!
In the event you’re enthusiastic about seeing how PushEngage works, simply click on the Get Notifications button on the ShoutMeLoud homepage (or most different pages):
PushEngage permits you to ship push notifications to each desktop and cell variations of:
- Samsung Web Browser
Past that, it consists of quite a few options that will help you ship push notifications in a wise approach:
- Computerized responders: Ship notifications primarily based on a buyer’s actions. For instance, advertising automation for e-mail.
- Straightforward segmentation: Phase your guests primarily based on the URL from which they accepted browser notifications so as to ship them content material they’ll love.
- Geotargeting: Ship push notifications to customers from particular geolocations.
- RSS to notification: Arrange your RSS feed to immediately alert individuals everytime you publish new content material – with none guide motion in your half.
- Customized cart abandonment notifications: Tremendous useful for those who’re working an eCommerce retailer on WordPress.
- Name to motion buttons: Add a number of name to motion buttons.
PushEngage is free for as much as 2,500 subscribers and 120 notifications monthly. To handle numbers in extra, you’ll have to pay, beginning $25/month.
In the event you’re enthusiastic about utilizing PushEngage, we’ve got a full tutorial on easy methods to add browser notifications to WordPress utilizing PushEngage.
Create free account on PushEngage
Much like PushEngage, OneSignal is a standalone push notification service that simply integrates with WordPress, because of a devoted WordPress plugin.
Nevertheless, OneSignal’s supported gadgets are barely totally different when in comparison with PushEngage’s. It helps:
- Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Safari (Mac OS X)
- Firefox (desktop solely)
So, compared to PushEngage, you get the Safari notifications however lose out on cell Firefox notifications. Past that, OneSignal boasts of a reasonably related function checklist:
- Computerized notifications: Ship reminders primarily based on set standards. For instance, whether or not or not you’ve printed a brand new publish or whether or not an individual has visited your website over the previous few days.
- Segments: Goal your guests by quite a few totally different consumer attributes.
- A/B testing: Run cut up assessments to search out the best performing messages earlier than you ship them to your complete viewers. This function is pretty distinctive.
- Scheduling: Schedule your notifications for a future date.
OneSignal is totally free with no limitations. Nevertheless, in addition they supply unspecified premium plans.
Be part of OneSignal
PushCrew is one other common push notification service you could simply combine into WordPress with a easy plugin.
Of the three push notification plugins that I’ve coated to date, PushCrew has the smallest checklist of supported gadgets. Presently, PushCrew works with:
- Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Firefox (desktop)
Nevertheless, PushCrew makes up for this comparatively small system set with some neat options like:
- CTA buttons: Show one or two CTA buttons in your push notifications.
- Scheduling: Ship notifications at a particular time sooner or later.
- Phase Creator: A software that will help you phase your guests utilizing customized And/Or circumstances.
- Expiry notifications: In the event you’re working a timed deal, this helps guarantee your subscribers don’t see a notification after the deal has already expired.
- RSS assist: Robotically notify subscribers of latest posts as quickly as you publish. You possibly can even customized schedule when RSS feed gadgets get despatched out.
PushCrew presents a free plan that helps limitless notifications for as much as 2,000 subscribers with some function limitations. Past these numbers, you have to to select from plans beginning at $18 monthly.
Be part of Pushcrew
Much like the three earlier plugins, PushAssist can be a standalone service that gives a devoted WordPress plugin thereby making the setup course of simple.
PushAssist additionally has an extended system checklist. Right here’s what it helps:
- Chrome (desktop and Android)
- Firefox (desktop and Android)
- Safari (Mac OS X)
It additionally boasts of a function set much like most of the earlier companies:
- Segmentation: Phase subscribers primarily based on location, pursuits and different information.
- Scheduling: Schedule push notifications for particular dates and occasions.
- Personalization: Requires some setup – however permits you to ship customized messages.
PushAssist has a free plan that helps as much as three,000 subscribers with limitless notifications (and PushAssist branding). Paid plans begin at simply $9 monthly.
Be part of PushAssist
5. All push notification for WP
Not like the 4 companies listed above, All push notification for WP is a devoted WordPress plugin. It means there are not any month-to-month charges and all of the processing is completed proper in your server as a substitute of a third-party service.
In consequence, it does require a technical setup, solely helps cell notifications, and doesn’t have almost as many options as the opposite companies.
All push notification for WP helps cell push notifications by way of the next companies:
- Firebase Cloud Messaging (FCM) – for Android gadgets
- Apple Push Notification service (APNs) – for iOS gadgets
You possibly can then:
- Ship notifications everytime you publish a brand new publish
- Ship notifications to particular WordPress customers (this can be a fairly neat function, although it’s a distinct segment use)
In the event you’re a newbie or an off-the-cuff blogger, I don’t suggest that you just use this plugin – it’s far too difficult and you can be higher off utilizing one of many extra user-friendly companies above.
Nevertheless, for those who’re tech-savvy and desire a resolution that can assist cell notifications for limitless customers with none month-to-month charges or third-party branding, this one is value trying out.
Which Push Notification Plugin Ought to You Use?
On condition that indisputable fact that I already advised you about utilizing PushEngage right here at ShoutMeLoud, it’s a straightforward guess as to which push notification plugins I might suggest.
PushEngage is a good possibility as a result of:
- It has a free plan that works for many bloggers.
- The autoresponder software offers you neat methods to work together together with your viewers.
- You possibly can add name to motion buttons to your notifications.
- It has simple segmentation.
Keep in mind – for those who’re enthusiastic about getting began with PushEngage, right here is a tutorial that will help you shortly stand up and working.
What do you consider push notifications? Do you want them? Have you ever tried them in your web site but? Let me know within the feedback!
Listed here are just a few hand-picked articles so that you can learn subsequent: